Sunday, April 19, 2009

Random

It's Sunday, and My Hero took the Doodle to run errands, and I seem to have established a blogging habit, so here I am. Nothing profound, but this is deep:





Heh heh. Actually, this is the snow we got two or three weeks ago. I was all, "would have been nice to get some of this in January or February." Then, it did it again this week! So in the month of April we've gotten something like 20 inches of snow. We had no precipitation at all for January, February and most of March. Unreal.


This is what happens when my daughter dresses herself:


A turtleneck and a linen sunsuit, both on backwards. Oh well. It's a step in the right direction.

I'm knitting all kinds of things - a Christmas stocking for the Doodle, socks, and a cardigan. I might rip the cardigan; I think the yarn's too bulky. I've been the astonished recipient of a ridiculous amount of sock yarn from various Ravelers over the past month - even though I've made a commitment not to buy any yarn until June (at the Estes Park Wool Market), I've increased my sock yarn stash by enough to make at least four pairs of socks, and some fabulous wool roving, to boot.

I'm reading, too - I've discovered Terry Pratchett, who has a slew of books in his Discworld series. I'm working my way through them, both on audiobook and the real paper kind. He's a snarky, allusive, and intelligent writer - I find him most enjoyable. I've also been reading a bunch of post-Evangelical type stuff - Tim Keller, Frank Schaeffer, Internet Monk - but it's stewing and might be a blog post sometime, so I'll leave it at that.

And finally, can anyone tell me how to change the code in my blog so I have more width for my posts? I suck at html. Email me if you know my email address, or leave a comment and I'll get in touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gracie, You look LOVELY!!!

I love you,
Oma